Breakout Sessions now available on demand!
2020 Keynote Speakers
Creativity Speaker. Former Head of Innovation and Creativity at Disney
As Head of Innovation and Creativity at Disney, Duncan and his team helped Imagineering, Lucasfilm, Marvel, Pixar and Disney Parks to innovate, creating magical new storylines and experiences for consumers around the globe. As founder of iD8 & innov8 he now brings his extensive Disney experience to audiences around the world using a very unique approach to Design Thinking, that helps companies embed a culture of innovation into everyone’s DNA. Duncan is a multiple Ted X speaker and contributor to Fast Company Magazine. He teaches Master Classes at Yale, the University of North Carolina, Duke University and the University of Florida. In 2008 he received the American Citizen of Choice Award at the White House. He also holds the Duke of Edinburgh Award presented by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth.
Executive Vice President of Digital and Sports Consumer Business at NBC Sports Group
Will has direct oversight of the NBC Sports Group’s portfolio of digital businesses, including all business aspects of GOLFNOW, all golf-related lifestyle businesses, SportsEngine, GOLFChannel.com, and NBCSports.com among other web-based businesses, including Rotoworld. Previously, McIntosh spent a decade as the head of digital for GOLF, most recently as Executive Vice President, Business and Strategy. During his tenure, McIntosh was the primary driver of more than 15 mergers and acquisitions that have proliferated company growth, including EZ Links Golf, the leading provider of golf course technology in North America. In 2016, McIntosh spearheaded NBC Sports’ entry into youth sports via the acquisition of Minneapolis-based Sport Ngin – rebranded as SportsEngine – the leading provider of sport-life management software and mobile applications for more than 45,000 sports organizations and 16 million coaches, parents and youth athletes.
Motivational Speaker. Two-time Paralympian
Mallory Weggemann has been a competitive swimmer since the age of seven. On January 21, 2008, she went to the hospital to receive her third and final epidural injection that she was receiving to help treat back pain caused by postherpetic neuralgia. The epidural injections that were supposed to help with the debilitating pain instead left Mallory a paraplegic with complete loss of movement from her abdomen down. Just three months after her injury at the age of 18, Weggemann chose to return to the pool. Following the London 2012 Games Mallory launched her career as a highly sought-after motivational speaker and began her training for the Rio 2016 Paralympic Games. Although, in 2014 fate would leave Weggemann with another twist in her athletic journey after she sustained permanent nerve damage to her left arm. Faced with the reality of potentially having to retire Weggemann decided that she wasn’t willing to give up on her dream of the Rio 2016 Games without a fight. Weggemann is now a two-time Paralympian and will be training for the 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games.
Themes and Breakout Session TopicsThis year’s theme: Engage|Innovate|Transform will have attendees engaging in immersive experiences and breakout sessions covering the industry’s most important topics, including: ENGAGE
- Innovation Through the Lens of Investors
- The Future Workforce Depends on Innovation
- Fintech Everywhere
- The Future of CX (Customer Experience)
- Driving Inclusion & Innovation in Workforce Culture
- Navigating the Cyber Threatscape of 2020
- AI for Good
- AgTech in the ATL
- Innovating to Win
- Digital Resilience
- AWS: Driving Innovation in Your Organization
- It's Officially Time to Self-Disrupt
- The Future of eSports and Gaming
- Georgia's Innovation Economy
- Aerospace Technologies in Georgia
- Technology & Culture Transformation
View full descriptions HERE
TAG Society Showcase
Recognizing and Celebrating TAG’s 25 Professional Societies
March 3, 5:30pm-8pm
The Society Showcase will kick off The Summit with a fun, engaging night of networking, awareness and entertainment. Meet the leadership of TAG’s 25 Professional Societies and learn more about how you can join, engage, lead or sponsor.
TAG Impact Awards
The TAG Impact Award recognizes a TAG member serving on a society board who embodies the ideals of servant leadership and advances the TAG mission to connect, promote, influence and educate Georgia’s technology ecosystem to advance the innovation economy.
The TAG Impact Award winner will be announced at The Summit Showcase
- Honorees and the winner will be recognized in The Summit event program
- Honorees will receive a discount ticket code to attend The Summit
Tuesday, March 3, 2020
Registration & Summit Exhibitor Showcase Opens
TAG 2020 Society Showcase
Welcome & Opening Remarks
TAG Impact Award Honoree Tribute
Summit Showcase Closes
Wednesday, March 4, 2020
7:30AM - 2:30PM
Registration & Summit Exhibitor Showcase Opens
8:15AM - 9:45AM
Summit Kickoff & Opening Remarks
State of the Industry: Technology in Georgia
Remarks from Ron McMurtrie, CMO of Sage
Duncan Wardle, former Head of Innovation and Creativity for Disney
TAG Impact Award Honorees and 2020 Winner Announced
Up Next! with Bryson Kohler, CTO of Equifax
The Future of CX
Technology & Culture Transformation: Enabling a Successful API Program
Driving Inclusion & Innovation in Workforce Culture
It's Officially Time to Self-Disrupt
AWS: Driving Innovation in Your Organization
Navigating the Cyber Threatscape of 2020
AgTech in the ATL: Planting the Seeds for a Sustainable Future
Innovation Through the Lens of Investors
Aerospace Technologies in Georgia
Georgia's Innovation Economy
The Future Workforce Depends on Innovation
AI for Good
The Future of Esports and Gaming
Fintech Everywhere: How the Financial Technology Revolution Impacts Everyone
Innovating to Win
Afternoon Keynote Presented by Comcast Business
Will McIntosh, EVP of Digital & Sports Consumer Business at NBC Sports
Technology in Sports Panel
Top 10 of the Decade
Generations of Ingenuity & Innovation Fireside Chat
Remarks from Chad McCloud, Executive Director of Jabian Consulting
Top 10 and Top 40 Innovative Companies in Georgia Presentations
Technology Hall of Fame of Georgia: Inductee Ceremony for David Cummings
People's Choice Award Announced for Top 10 Innovative Companies
Breakout Session DetailsThis year’s theme: Engage|Innovate|Transform will have attendees engaging in immersive experiences and breakout sessions covering the industry’s most important topics, including:
Innovation Through the Lens of Investors - What does innovative growth look like through the lens of an investor?
- Moderator: Kelly Gay
- Brian Dally - GROUNDFLOOR, Co-founder & CEO
- David Cummings - Atlanta Tech Village, Founder
- Jim Douglass - Fulcrum Equity Partners, Partner
The Future Workforce Depends on Innovation – Leveraging Technologies such as AI and ML to Drive Engagement in personalized People Development.
- Moderator: Jim Everidge – RapidLD, CEO
- Jeff Whipple – Ferguson, Chief Talent Officer
- Shannon Benham – UPS, International Talent Manager
- Stephen Childs - Panasonic Automotive, CHRO
Fintech Everywhere – - How the Financial Technology Revolution Impacts Everyone.
- Moderator: Andrew Morris - The Fintech Agenda LLC, Founder & CEO (Former Chief Content Officer, Money20/20)
- Smriti Motwani- NCR Corporation, Head of Payments Delivery & Ops
- Sean Banks - TTV Capital, Partner
- Christian Zimmerman- Qoins, Co-founder & CEO
The Future of CX (Customer Experience) – Great products and services are no longer enough for customers in 2020. The experience of working with your company is both an expectation and a differentiator. Learn what leading Atlanta-based companies are doing to create engaging experiences and turning customers into enthusiasts.
- Moderator: Chad McCloud – Jabian Consulting, Executive Director
- Adam Waid - SalesLoft, VP Customer Success
- Scott White - Fleetcor, SVP Strategic Marketing
- Mike Gomes - Cortland, CEO
Driving Inclusion & Innovation in Workforce Culture – Learn how leading brands are leveraging inclusion to drive innovation culture in the workplace.
- Moderator: Adam Moore – Truist, VP Supplier Diversity
- Stephen Ichatha – Google, Program Manager - Data Center Network Deployment
- Richard Smith – Benton & Bradford, Managing Partner
- Peter Williams - BlackRock, Head of Community Strategy
Navigating the Cyber Threatscape of 2020 – Hear from Cyber experts on the latest threats facing businesses in 2020 and the most important tactics and approaches businesses should be aware of to protect their assets.
- Moderator: James Azar – CyberHub USA, CO-Founder & CSO
- Shena Seneca Tharnish - Comcast Business, VP Cybersecurity Products
- Richard Warner - AwareForce, CEO
- Dennis Legori – Global Payments, Global Security Awareness
- Michael Barker – Columbus State University, Director, Cyber Security Center
AI for Good - Real life examples of how AI & Data Science are being leveraged to help Georgia tackle mental health, opioid addiction and human trafficking.
- Moderator: Beverly Wright, PhD, CAP – RelationalAI, Partner - Data Science
- Blake Fleischer, PhD – Gallup
- Eric Schmidt, PhD – The Coca-Cola Company, Global Director - Data & Analytics
- John Rich - Moxie
AgTech in the ATL- The Future of Food and how Georgia leads with Smart Agriculture and other innovative technologies to Plant the Seeds for Sustainability.
- Moderator: Cynthia Curry – Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce, Director – Smart Cities Ecosystem Expansion
- Michael Choi - Ponix, Co-Founder & CEO
- Mario Cambardella - City of Atlanta, Urban Agriculture Director
- Christine Primmer - Georgia Power, Smart Cities Program Manager
Innovating to Win - Organizations face increasing pressure to innovate, and to deliver those innovations all the way to the market. These panelists will discuss what their organizations are doing to innovate and how they are solving problems in creative ways. All three panelists and the moderator hail from Georgia companies, giving us great home-grown examples to learn from.
- Moderator: Mike Morris - Broadgreen Solutions, CEO
- Thomas Stubbs – The Coca-Cola Company, VP of Engineering and Innovation, Freestyle
- Matt Stevens - Centegix, CEO
- Jason Allen - Crown & Caliber, CMO
Digital Resilience – The question is not if you will be targeted, but when. Learn about the tactics used by today’s hackers, vulnerabilities lurking in networks, and strategies not just for surviving attacks, but actually thriving while under assault.
- Ray Rothrock – RedSeal, CEO & Author of Digital Resilience
- Tom Noonan - ICE/NYSE, Board of Directors
Technology in Sports – Presented by Comcast Business.
- Moderator: Chanel Lee - Hypepotamus, Editor-in-Chief
- Jenna Kurath, Vice President of Startup Partner Development, Head of SportsTech & The Farm
- Jay Deuskar - Performance Predictions, Co-founder & CTO
- Mallory Weggemann - Paralympic Gold Medalist, Motivational Speaker, Author, Co-founder and Co-CEO of TFA Group
It's Officially Time to Self-Disrupt - If you are not actively considering the disruptive technological forces that are at play and gaining traction in the marketplace, consider this your wake-up call!
- Keynote: Dan Sterling – Jabian, Director
The Future of eSports and Gaming – Level up! Learn the latest on Georgia’s growing Esports and gaming industry and its transformational impact on the state’s technology ecosystem and economy. Hear from industry leaders on business development trends in gaming and how businesses can take advantage of this vibrant tech trend.
- Moderator: Jay Duska, Perofrmance Predictions
- Jeremy Poore - Atlanta eSports Ventures (AEV), Director of Patrnerships for Atlanta Reign and Atlanta FaZe
- Justin Varghese – Dreamhack, Marketing Manager for North America
- Todd Harris – Skillshot Media, CEO
Georgia's Innovation Economy - Trends, disruptions and threats impacting Georgia business and innovation.
In this session, Cox Automotive’s chief economist will discuss:
- the key trends changing the US and Georgia economies;
- disruptive forces transforming the economy and the auto market;
- threats to growth and status quo; and
- how Georgia compares in economic fundamentals and expectations.
- Keynote: Jonathan Smoke - Cox Automotive, Chief Economist
Technology & Culture Transformation: Enabling a Successful API Program
- Keynote: Neil Erikson – Equifax, Vice President of Digital Platforms
Aerospace Technologies in Georgia – Hear from industry leaders on how Georgia is advancing its position in the aero-space economy.
- Moderator: Amy Hudnall - Georgia Center of Innovation - Aerospace, Director
- Brad Mandala - Airbus Aerial
- Walt Wylupek - Skyfire Consulting
- Johh Mathis - Delta Enabling Technologies
2019 Technology Hall of Fame Inductee
presented by PwC
Founder, Atlanta Tech Village
David Cummings is an Atlanta-based tech entrepreneur who has founded 10 companies collectively valued at nearly $1 billion, including Pardot, SalesLoft, and Terminus. David is also the founder of the Atlanta Tech Village — the United States’ 4th largest tech hub — and the largest investor in Calendly, the world’s most popular scheduling app.