Tuesday, April 26, 2022
|5:00PM||TAG 2022 Society Showcase|
|5:55PM||TAG Impact Awards|
|6:15PM||TAG 2022 Society Showcase|
|7:00PM||Day 1 Close|
Wednesday, April 27, 2022
|7:30AM||Registration & Networking|
|8:35AM||State of the Industry|
Igniting & Nourishing Experiences
|9:55AM||Technology Hall of Fame Presentation|
|10:25AM||Break & Networking|
|11:15AM||Break & Networking|
|12:00PM||Lunch & Networking|
|12:30PM||Afternoon Welcome Remarks|
Protecting Critical Infrastructure. Protecting the Future.
|1:10PM||Top 40 and Top 10 Innovative Companies in Georgia: Presentations|
Activating and Elevating Lives and Communities
|2:35PM||Top 10 Winners Announcement|
2022 Keynote Speakers
Co-Founder & CEO, Inspire Brands
Paul Brown serves as Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Inspire Brands, a multi-brand restaurant company whose portfolio includes nearly 32,000 Arby’s, Baskin-Robbins, Buffalo Wild Wings, Dunkin’, Jimmy John’s, Rusty Taco, and SONIC Drive-In restaurants worldwide. Inspire is supported by more than 650,000 company and franchise team members. In 2021, its brands achieved over $30 billion in global system sales, making Inspire the second largest restaurant company in the United States.
For his leadership, Brown was named by Business Insider in 2019 as one of the 100 People Transforming Business. He was also named a 2018 Norman Award recipient by Nation’s Restaurant News, a 2018 Silver Plate honoree by IFMA, the 2017 Restaurant Leader of the Year by Restaurant Business, and a 2016 Entrepreneur of the Year in Retail and Consumer Products in the Southeast by EY. In 2020, Brown joined the Wall Street Journal CEO Council.
Founder, CEO & Publisher, The Cipher Brief
Suzanne Kelly is Founder, CEO & Publisher of The Cipher Brief, (www.thecipherbrief.com), a national security focused media organization. Kelly is also founder of The Cyber Initiatives Group, (www.cyberinitiativesgroup.com) a new cyber ecosystem of national security experts that applies broad national security expertise to the cyber problem. In addition to TCB and CIG, Kelly also produces The Cipher Brief's Annual Threat Conference. Kelly is a former CNN Intelligence Correspondent and former Executive Producer for the network.
Rear Admiral (Ret), Senior Director of CCTI. Senior Fellow at Foundation for Defense of Democracies & Executive Director of CyberSolarium.org
Mark Montgomery is the senior director for the Center on Cyber and Technology Innovation at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies and senior adviser to the Co-Chairmen of the Cyberspace Solarium Commission. He most recently served as Policy Director for the Senate Armed Services Committee under the leadership of Senator John S. McCain. Mark served for 32 years in the U.S. Navy as a nuclear trained surface warfare officer, retiring as a Rear Admiral in 2017. He was selected as a White House Fellow and assigned to the National Security Council, serving as Director for Transnational Threats from 1998-2000. Mark graduated from the University of Pennsylvania with bachelor’s and master’s degrees in history. He subsequently earned a master’s degree in history from Oxford University and completed the U.S. Navy’s nuclear power training program.
Chairman, President & CEO, Southern Company
Tom Fanning is chairman, president and chief executive officer of Southern Company, America’s premier energy company. He has worked for Southern Company for more than four decades and has held 15 different positions in eight different business units, including numerous officer positions with a variety of Southern Company subsidiaries in the areas of finance, strategy, international business development and technology.
For nearly a decade, Fanning served as co-chair of the Electricity Subsector Coordinating Council, which serves as the principal liaison between the federal government and the electric power sector to protect the electric grid from threats that could impact national security, including cyber and physical terrorism as well as natural disasters. His leadership was recognized by the U.S. Senate with an appointment to the Cyberspace Solarium Commission, a group tasked with developing a protection strategy for the cyberspace interests of the United States. Furthermore, in Dec. 2021, the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) appointed Fanning as chair of the agency’s newly formed Cybersecurity Advisory Committee where he will lead a group providing recommendations on the development and refinement of CISA’s cybersecurity programs and policies.
Associate Director, Protiviti
EVP & Head of Digital Banking, Truist
Dan Massey is the Head of Digital Banking for Truist. In this role Dan leads enterprise digital strategy, digital product management, digital commerce and digital money movement for Truist Bank covering retail, wealth, business, commercial and corporate digital banking and emerging channels including Open Banking. Accountable for activating business strategy through digital experiences including driving digital sales and self-service engagement and growth.
He has held multiple positions during his 28+ year tenure. Most recently Mr. Massey managed Enterprise Architecture, Technology Strategy, Enterprise API Services and Office of the CIO. Prior to this role Mr. Massey managed several large scale technology organizations including Wholesale, Enterprise Digital and Payments, Experience Research and Design and was the Head of Digital Channels for the Consumer segment. Earlier experience includes leading strategy, performance management, and client experience for SunTrust Mortgage.
EVP & CIO Consumer Technology, Truist
Ken Meyer is a Senior Vice President and the Divisional Chief Information Officer for Digital Channels & Innovation at Truist Financial Corporation. In this role, Meyer is responsible for digital applications and integration, enterprise CRM, intelligent automation, mobile and online banking, open banking, MarTech, emerging channels and innovation.
Prior to the merger of BB&T and SunTrust, Banks, Inc. in December 2019, Meyer was the Consumer Chief Technology Officer for SunTrust, responsible for the technology strategy, delivery, and support of SunTrust Mortgage, Retail Banking, and Private Wealth Management. Meyer also had responsibility for Marketing technology and enterprise-wide digital assets.
Meyer joined SunTrust in December 2013 from Accenture, where he gained experience working with leading financial institutions, including four years supporting SunTrust. His industry experience has centered on retail and commercial banking clients, leading large transformation and business process design programs, and large system implementations.
TAG Society Showcase
Recognizing and Celebrating TAG’s Professional Societies
Meet the leadership of TAG’s Professional Societies and learn more about how you can join, engage, lead or sponsor.
TAG Impact Awards
The TAG Impact Award recognizes a TAG member serving on a society board who embodies the ideals of servant leadership and advances the TAG mission to connect, promote, influence and educate Georgia’s technology ecosystem to advance the innovation economy.
The TAG Impact Award winner will be announced at The Summit Showcase
- Honorees and the winner will be recognized in The Summit event program
- Honorees will receive a discount ticket code to attend The Summit
State of the Industry
- Opening Remarks
- Lt. Govenor Geoff Duncan, State of Georgia
- Economic Update
- Shayan Hussain, Managing Director - Senior Fixed Income Market Strategist, BlackRock
- Legislative Accomplishments
- Elizabeth Reynolds, State Director - Legislative Affairs, AT&T
- Stacie Hagan, Former Chief People Officer, Secureworks
- Crystal Williams, Chief Human Resources Officer, FLEETCOR
- Social Justice & Equity
- Pete Duke, Manager, Southern Company
Content Session Details
Proactive Application Security Practices 10:35am, Room B404
Security remains top-of-mind for executives in all organizations, join us for a thoughtful discussion on how various approaches can take security from an afterthought to being fully integrated into your design process.
- Moderator: Tom Smith, SVP & General Manager, IriusRisk
- Kevin Edmonds, Cyber Security Engineer, Howard Technology Solutions
- John Taylor, Senior Manager - Global Security A&E Application Security & Design, Deloitte
- Brandt Mackey, VP Field Engineering, AttackIQ
- Robert Hurlbut, Principal Application Security Architect, Aquia, Inc
Great Resignation to Great Retention 11:20am, Room B409
Learn how purpose-built and employee-focused organizations are thriving in the talent war: the power of purpose and its role in the workplace.
- Moderator: Crystal Williams, Chief Human Resources Officer, FLEETCOR
- Mary McCorvey, VP Global HR, FLEETCOR
- Jeff Kolve, Principal - Enterprise Account, eHire
- Lisa Kramer Rodacker, VP of Talent Management, Inclusion, Deversity & Equity and HR M&A, Deluxe
- Jennifer McKenna, Founder & CEO, JMac Consulting
Built-in Intelligence with AI 10:35am, Room B406
Big Data, Experience, Decisioning and Productivity: Find out how to unleash the power of AI/ML to build-in intelligence across every interaction.
- Moderator: Ian Stuttard, Global Head of Product Management, Elavon
- Darryl Cox, EVP Sales, QTS
- Jennifer Priestley, PhD, Professor of Statistics & Data Science, Kennesaw State University
AI Enabled Workforce 11:20am, Room B405
A look at the role of AI and ML in helping to build a digitally enabled and efficient workforce.
- Moderator: Muthu Sabarenthinam, VP Enterprise Analytics, Honeywell Connected Enterprise
- Stephen Ichatha, Global Lead - Network Delivery Operations, Google
- Megan Heinze, President - Financial Institutions, North America, IDEMIA
- Diana Caplinger, EVP Enterprise Enablement & Intelligent Automation, Truist
Confronting Third Party & Supply Chain Cyber Risks 11:20am, Room B404
- Moderator: Monika Mueller, SVP Consulting Services, Softensity
- Todd Renner, Senior Managing Director, FTI Consulting
- Peter Lopez, Director of CSA, Microsoft
Metaverse - Virtual or Reality 10:35am, Room B407
The metaverse is creating new economies, new ways of learning and brands don't want to miss out. Is this the next gold rush?
- Moderator: Caroline Cochran, VP & Chief People Officer, Secureworks
- Elizabeth Strickler, Director - Center for Media Entrepreneurship & Innovation, Georgia State University
- Dr. Jeremy Bennett, Associate Dean, Mercer University
- Anupam Srivastava, Senior Director - Financial Services, Infosys
E-Commerce & Breaking All the Rules for Experience & Expectations 11:20am, Room B408
The convenience and consumer demands of E-commerce have given rise to innovation across supply chains, packaging, and experiences. Learn what it takes compete in a market of light speed transformation.
- Moderator: Sam Yehya, Partner & COO, SIX Consulting
- Sam Moses, VP Corporate Systems, The Home Depot
- Tiffany Gilbert, Managing Director, Accenture's Atlanta Innovation Hub
- Cameron Davis, Head of Digital Strategy, Best Buy
No Code Low Code - Rapid Application Realization 10:35am, Room B405
Dive into application frameworks and the future of enterprise application development and edge computing.
- Moderator: Scott McMichael, President, Improving
- Francis Albin, Regional Vice President, Appian
- John DeShazer, President, LogicSpree
- Danielle Evans, CIO, Honeywell Connected Enterprise
Adaptive Sales Strategies & Redefining Engagement 10:35am, Room 408
Tomorrow’s winners will be those who manage disruptions, allowing them to transform and adapt their organizations to win the war for talent, balance effectiveness with efficiency and drive revenue growth.
- Moderator: Kyle Tothill, Managing Director & Partner, eHire
- Sam Yehya, Partner & COO, SIX Consulting
- Mike Thibodeaux, VP SMB Sales - Big South Region, Comcast Business
- Margaret Weniger, Founder, Rising Tide
Sustainability & Sustainment 10:35am, Room B409
There is no Earth 2.0. Greenwashing projects the wrong ideas. Learn how companies and leaders are driving ESG strategies and programs to grow profits responsibly. Techniques and experiences that engage enduring customer relationship and make our world a better safer place.
- Moderator: Soumit Nandi, President - Digital & Commercial Technology, UPS
- Neal Zaher, Chief Risk Officer, NCR Corporation
- Sarah Sleyman, Sustainability Business Manager, AWS
- Tequila Smith, VP - Sustainability, Georgia Power
- Bernadette Rivosecchi, Head of Product for Aladdin Sustainability, BlackRock
Tech for the Greater Good 11:20am, Room B406
Learn how advanced tech is revolutionizing business and driving positive and productive experiences for customers.
- Moderator: Mike Neumeier, CEO, Arketi Group
- Jono Luk, VP Product Management, Cisco (Webex)
- Mike Spencer, CFO, Honeywell Connected Enterprise
- Shamik Basu, Executive Director - IoT & Automotive, Verizon
The Digital Shift - Web3.0 & Non Fungible Tokens (NFTs) 11:20am, Room B407
The seismic impact of NFTs, Crypto currencies and the evolution of creative content - how do you play to win and will this trend sustain?
- Moderator: BJay Pak, Partner, Alston & Bird
- Farah Allen, CEO, The Labz
- Iris Nevins, Co-founder & CEO, Umba Daima
- Paraj Mathur, Senior Associate, Panoramic Ventures
- Adam Zimmerman, SVP Marketing & Content, Atlanta Braves